FOOD DRIVE 2022
You possibly have already heard on the radio or television, that we are having a food drive on Saturday, January 29, 9:00 AM-3:00 PM. Yep! We are doing it again in 2022. Here is how it works: for every food item that you bring in, you will receive a PRECUT fat quarter. If you bring in 12 items, you will receive a bakers dozen (AKA 13 FQs). I want to FILL THOSE BINS for the hungry in our community!
Masks are not "required" for this event. Use your own good judgement and do what is right for you and yours. I also hope that picking the fat quarters will be a speedy process. The reality is the shop may be a little crowded so this is probably not the best time for putting a quilt together. If you see a fabric that calls your name, you might return on some other day to get it.
Here are some donation ideas:
- Money, the food bank can buy more food with a dollar than you and I can.
- Canned items (i.e. meats, dinners, soups, chili, stew, vegetables, fruits, sauces, dressings, beans)
- Peanut butter, jelly
- Dried beans
- Boxed items (meals AKA meat helper, cereal, oatmeal, crackers, rice, instant potatoes, pancake mix, pasta)
- Snack items (nuts, energy bars, popcorn)
- Toiletries (toilet paper, soaps, toothpaste/toothbrushes, feminine items, deodorant)
- Laundry detergent
- Cleaning supplies
I'm sure that you can and will come up with other great items.
Thank you in advance for participating. If you have any questions, please call me at 605-718-2739 (2sew)
Thanks again, Betty and her "quiltery" gang